I see a light ahead,
Beckoning me to inch closer,
Weakening my will, numbing my senses,
Enthralling me with its lust.
A foot forward, a step at a time,
Eyes wide open, as light shone by,
Silvery rays that peeked within,
Lay dormant awaiting the first kiss.
Now in front a statue it stood,
Gracefully hewn as lover's would,
With eyes so genteel, and arms so perfect,
T'would be hard to describe the beauty I've seen.
As I stood on, staring, worshipping,
Drinking every detail in order,
Her long cool hair cascaded gently,
A stilled movement of etiquette,
Her face, so perfect, so true,
Rosebud lips, dewy eyes,
A figure of goddess that savours delight,
With graceful motions, I touched her,
Feeling the cool surface of her face,
Alas, twas a pity,
As much as I love her she is gone,
For sins she burdened now paid their toll,
The last revenge of her has been taken,
And there shall she stand erect,
A potrayed lesson for all,
That sins should be healed,
Not invoked, not forgotten.
No comments:
Post a Comment